Concur’s mission is to drive costs out of businesses through innovation. Here’s a new client case study that demonstrates how one company uses Concur to help them drive costs out of their business.
Zarlink Semiconductors, a Canadian-based global technology leader, selects the best market-leading solutions to satisfy its own technology needs. Four years ago, Zarlink replaced its ineffective online expense management and reporting tool with Concur® Travel & Expense, and never looked back.
“We wanted the most robust solution we could find,” says Naeem Ahmad, global administrator for corporate travel. “Concur Travel & Expense has been ideal. It’s a powerful tool that is also amazingly easy to use and efficient.” For Zarlink, ease of use has translated into impressive time savings for both users and finance staff. “Everybody in the organization benefits,” says Ahmad.
Concur’s robust global capabilities enable Zarlink to maintain uniform processes across the company, boost value added tax (VAT) recovery, expedite the payment cycle and keep even complicated international reports error free.
“Create. Submit. Attach receipts. It’s that simple. Now, we don’t wait for receipts to show up in the mail. We don’t have to chase after employees to sort out problems and inaccuracies. The solution couldn’t be easier or more efficient on a domestic and an international level,” says Ahmad. Using Concur Travel & Expense, Zarlink has seen:
- Weekly finance staff-hours, devoted to uploading expense reports for processing, dramatically reduced from four hours to 15 minutes
- Departments use flexible reporting capabilities to customize reports to suit their distinct needs
- Global accounting operations functioning with maximum efficiency with the uniform system of expense reporting
- Increased compliance through the integration of travel policies with travel booking, billing, and expense reporting
- Dramatic time savings resulting in huge cost savings
“Concur Travel & Expense would bring great benefit to any organization of any size,” says Ahmad. “Tremendous ease of use and flexibility save a lot of time. Saving time reduces costs and boosts the bottom line, and that’s key for every company.”