As we said in last week’s post, we believe direct booking is a problem that’s only going to grow—and to address it, the next generation of integrated travel and expense needs to do more.
It is not a simple fix. It’s not enough to simply connect an online booking tool to an expense solution. The future requires a fully integrated travel and expense (T&E) management solution that adds value across the entire lifecycle of employee spend, and does so in a way that allows customers to manage all aspects of a program and partner ecosystem seamlessly.
We believe you should be able to manage all of your travel seamlessly, no matter where it is booked, in a way that does not require your organization to:
- Change your travel policy
- Encourage direct bookings
- Compromise on solutions or services
We are delivering on this vision at Concur, providing a fully integrated T&E platform beyond the booking tool that allows you to adapt to increasing complexity—a solution that provides effortless experiences for business traveler, travel manager, and finance leader.
A truly integrated travel and expense platform should allow you to:
- Seamlessly manage a global, multiple provider program with local solutions and requirements
- Apply approval workflow and policy on direct bookings as well as across all booking channels, TMC partners, and booking tools—before travel occurs
- Ensure that what was expensed matches what was approved
- Get your corporate discounts, even when travelers book direct
- Capture receipts electronically and automatically itemize expense reports
- Get a consolidated view of your program’s performance across all booking channels, solutions, and service providers
- Live up to your duty of care responsibility when travelers book direct—or even when they do not book at all. Maybe they drove or bought a rail ticket at the station. An integrated T&E solution with duty of care capabilities can help you locate all your employees in times of crisis.
This next generation of integrated T&E is made possible by a suite of connected products combined with our TripLink service and partners like Accor, Lufthansa, Captain Train and Booking.com. We believe this level of integration is what will enable customers address the growing challenge of direct booking today and in the future.
Learn more about TripLink here.