Acquisition of conTgo will enable a range of new services to improve business travel
Redmond, Wash., March 11, 2013 – Concur (NASDAQ: CNQR), today announced it acquired privately-held conTgo, a leading cloud-based mobile communications and messaging platform for the global travel industry. conTgo, based in the UK and Australia, provides its communication platform to corporate customers and TMCs.
conTgo adds comprehensive location-based services with advanced mobile communications and messaging capabilities to Concur’s offerings, extending the value of the Concur T&E Cloud for partners, suppliers and clients alike.
Concur expects to leverage conTgo’s market-leading technology to provide a range of new services designed to optimize the traveler experience. By using itinerary data and location information with insight and context from past behavior, Concur and Concur T&E Cloud partners will have the technology and capability to deliver applications that can:
- Take care of employees no matter where they book – Proactively manage duty of care programs by consolidating and matching booking data with risk intelligence so companies can track, locate and communicate with travelers 24/7 with relevant value-added services.
- Make travel plans around colleagues – Enable travelers to plan a trip using location and hotel data from select colleagues so that everyone can stay in the same hotel and/or city.
- Get discounts or offers from favorite merchants – Enable delivery of offers to travelers from frequently-visited merchants based on location and itinerary data.
- Make the most of a travel delay – Enable delivery of offers to travelers from airport merchants in the event of a flight delay, turning the inconvenience into an opportunity for the traveler and the merchant.
- Carpool with colleagues – Enable travelers who arrive at the same airport and stay at the same hotel to catch a ride together through a service that associates them all with an available ground transportation provider, saving time and money.
“We continue to seek out game-changing technologies that enhance the business travel experience and advance our vision for the Perfect Trip,” said Michael Hilton, EVP of Product Strategy at Concur. “The conTgo team developed an award-winning solution for companies to track, locate and communicate with employees regardless of their location. Working together with the Concur ecosystem of application developers, customers, and suppliers, we plan to deliver a variety of new location-based applications that benefit companies and their travelers alike.”
"We are excited about this perfect fit of both technology and culture between our companies,” said conTgo founders Henrik Conradsen and Johnny Thorsen, who join Concur in new senior management roles. “We will continue to deliver duty of care offerings to our customers and partners and plan to use our award-winning technology for new services that support Concur’s vision of The Perfect Trip."
Concur customers worldwide can immediately enhance their existing corporate travel booking and expense management solutions with the addition of conTgo’s award-winning duty of care solutions and the Concur Locate and Alert offering, which will leverage the conTgo platform. The combined solutions will be the only duty of care solutions on the market to monitor travel regardless of the source of booking – supporting the trend of Open Booking.
The terms of the acquisition were not disclosed. Neither the financial terms nor the revenue impact of the conTgo business are material to the Company’s business outlook for fiscal 2013. Due to increased operating costs related to acquired headcount, the company expects modest dilution to its expected non-GAAP operating margin range for Fiscal 2013 and expects the acquisition to be neutral to accretive to non-GAAP operating margin in Fiscal 2014.