Back in the day, business travel involved a paper ticket that you had to guard with your life or you were quite literally stuck. Expense reports? Get out the tape! Or, shudder, the stapler. Really, they were quite the arts and crafts project, weren’t they? And a spreadsheet? How does that make anything better? Columns, rows, formulas? Yikes.
Thanks to the amazing enhancements in technology and mobile devices, business travel has certainly gotten a lot better in the last 20 years. Still, we’ve seen the “Trouble with Travel” surveys and we know there is still plenty of room for improvement to make on behalf of business travelers. We’re even leading the industry to make these improvements. Helping people be more efficient and productive on the road, that’s what we design our mobile apps to address.
Concur for mobile
Why Concur for mobile is great for business travelers:
- It lets you take photos of your receipts – and then attach them to your expense report – no tape or staples required.
- You can submit your expense report with the tip of your finger.
- You can approve expense reports no matter where you are.
- Not only can you find and book your hotel room, you can even cancel your hotel reservation.
- Need to rent a car? Done!
- Taking the train? You can check schedules and make your reservation.
- And you’ve got a map in the palm of your hand. So long origami swan.
- Best of all, you can search airline schedules and book your flight. Fancy!
Why TripIt is great for business travelers:
- Forget fumbling around for your itineraries or confirmation numbers: it’s all in one handy spot.
- No one needs to guess where you are: share your trip information with friends, family and coworkers.
- Trying to find your way in a new city? A customized map should keep you on the right track.
- If your gate changes, you’ll be the first to know.
- You can get the latest updates on flight delays.
- You’ll find out if you’re eligible for a flight refund.
- You can keep track of your loyalty programs points: air, hotel and more.
Over the last year, we’ve seen more and more people taking to the road armed with Concur apps. In just the last year alone:
- Over 35% new companies found their way to the mobile app.
- 67% more expense reports were submitted from phones and
- 53% more expense reports were approved by people from wherever they happened to be
In other words, quite a lot of people have found their way to better efficiency and ease on the road. Are you one of them? If not, what are you waiting for?