It’s almost here! We’re just a few short days away from the 11th annual Concur Fusion event in the heart of New Orleans at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center. And this year we’re set to excite and inspire you with game-changing announcements, updates to the Concur user experience, and more ways than ever to connect with peers and colleagues.
With over 2500 attendees, more than 100 consulting sessions, over half a dozen networking opportunities, product demos, industry-specific breakouts for Higher Ed, Life Sciences, Oil & Gas and Government, and over 100 partners speaking or showcasing solutions there is a lot to see and learn in a short period of time. That’s why we’ve broken down the most important can’t-miss opportunities at this year’s event.
1. Take home the latest best practices in spend management. Don’t miss sessions on Going Global with Concur, Simplifying Expense Reports, Expense Report Auditing, and the Concur Mobile F3 Forum – all part of the “Best Practices in Deployment and Adoption” track. This is your chance to learn, take home knowledge, and put new tools and tactics into practice right away.
2. Get ahead of the Next Generation in Travel. Throughout the week we will talk about the next generation of travel trends impacting the business travel community. Through interactive sessions, live demos, panel discussions and roundtables we will talk through the major issues facing travel managers and business travelers as well as some of the tools, tips and techniques your colleagues and the industry are using to address them. Come prepared to talk about reducing travel expenses, dealing with open booking, managing spend leakage, and how to optimize a mobile deployment strategy.
3. Get Specific with the “Industry Focus” track. The Industry Focus track this year will offer special sessions targeted at topics that keep the Financial Services, Healthcare, Higher Education, Government, and Oil, Mining and Gas industries up at night. Hear from peers with challenges relevant to your specific concerns and learn common practices for effective program management.
4. Train up. Training opportunities at Fusion are endless. With a jam-packed “Product Training” track and three days of Consultation Sessions you can get everything from hands-on product guidance to advanced techniques for seasoned Concur users. Come to New Orleans for a week, go home a pro.
5. See Jewel speak on Friday about her life and philanthropy. We’re excited to host Jewel on the final morning of Concur Fusion as she speaks about her life’s journey from rural Alaska to acclaimed singer/songwriter with over 27 million albums sold. She will explore the challenges she faced during her struggles to start a career, including living in her car as she refused to give up on her dream of becoming a hit singer. The lessons learned have given her new perspective and were the impetus for her starting Project Clean Water, a charitable organization designed to ensure everyone around the world has access to clean water. Her speech inspires audiences and takes a look inside the mind of a true musical poet.
6. Have fun. We couldn’t be more excited to see you in New Orleans. What would the Concur community be without your enthusiasm and experience? There will be two after hours opportunities to let your hair down and we hope to see you there. Tuesday night from 5-8pm is the Welcome Reception sponsored by American Express where you will have a chance to relax and connect with drinks, food and live entertainment. On Thursday night Concur is looking forward to hosting a great social event at Mardi Gras World. Party-goers will enjoy local food and music while getting a rare look at breathtaking parade floats. Guest tickets to both events may be purchased in advance when registering or on-site at the Concur Registration Desk..
7. Go Mobile. With the Concur Fusion mobile app you will get all the information about the event in one handy place. You’ll have access to the Click mobile game that will run throughout the conference. It is a photo scavenger hunt that awards our attendees with daily prizes for completing challenges and earning badges. The full session schedule and conference agenda will also be found in the mobile app, and attendees can create their own individualized schedules and bookmark their preferred sessions.
8. Socialize your experience. Stay up-to-date with the latest event updates, post a selfie, and tell your friends and colleagues back home what you’re learning. Follow @Concur on Twitter, and use #CF2014 to keep up with the action. When the party is over, head over to the LinkedIn Concur Client User Group to continue your exclusive access to the Concur family. The conversation will continue there long after #CF2014 is over with Q&A from your peers, colleagues and Concur employees.
Check out what people are saying: